For the Mariazell Benedictine monastery in the Vienna Woods, the wine industry was an important branch of the economy . For this reason, a large cellar was built in 1753, which held over 200,000 liters of wine.
After the abolition of the monastery, the cellar lost its function in the 19th century and finally fell into disrepair in the middle of the 20th century. In 1964, the upper floor and the front cellar were demolished and a contemporary construction began, which has remained in the shell construction up to this day.
The basement still houses beautiful and high baroque vaults , which make the building valuable from a cultural and historical point of view.
After a few changes of ownership, our association acquired the building with the help of our cellar donators and is now planning the stage-by-stage revitalization and reconstruction of the building :
- Expansion of the attic and first floor to become a depot for the association's museum collections (2020/2021)
- Rekonstruktion des Vorkellers nach altem Vorbild, Revitalisierung der barocken Gewölbe im UG, Adaptierung zu Veranstaltungszentrum (2022-2023)
Bewegen Sie sich frei außerhalb und im Gebäude:
Investitionsvolumen gesamt: 800.000 EUR